Where do I file a complaint about a title insurance company?


Before you file a complaint, it is best to first ask the insurance company to amicably settle whatever issues you may have. It's best to go for a win-win situation where you and the title insurance company can work out a solution that is agreeable to both parties.

If you feel that your claim was unfairly denied or that the title insurance company acted in bad faith, you can contact the regional office of the title insurance company to appeal that they reconsider the claim or to provide an acceptable explanation (and compensation) for whatever losses their perceived act of bad faith has caused you.

However, if the title insurance company has been uncooperative or if you are dissatisfied with any arrangements made, you can now go to the state insurance board to file a claim.

Mind you, the state insurance boards take such complaints seriously. This is in their bid to provide insurance consumers with a venue by which to help ensure the quality of insurance products and services.

What you can do is go to the website of the state insurance board involved and complete the online complaint form. The board will contact you to give you an ID number for your complaint and will assign someone to be in charge of investigating your complaint. You will also be asked to forward pertinent documents that will support your complaint.

Was this question and its answer useful?
Not a bit
  • Currently 4/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Very useful
Have a question about insurance? Ask the experts